Sunday, August 23, 2009

Are You Serious?!

So, I am writing this post as an extension to my return from vacay post. While in North Myrtle Beach on vacay I decided to take my fam on a hair shopping trip to Sally's (they were seriously devouring my products...lol). As everyone was turning to me for haircare advice with the chlorine and beach water etc., I thought it was the perfect time to give them some hair knowledge and help them buy products. Okay, so we walk in the store and I ask for Hair One for my cousin. An older caucasian rep says they don't sell it....I say are you sure I believe it's manufactured by Sally's and explain what it is and its purpose...blah blah blah...After all my explaining (which kinda pissed me off b/c she shuld've known this as the sales rep..anyway) this LADY (I'm being nice) had the nerve to say to me, "You should try one of the stores in YOUR neighborhood b/c we really don't sell that many ETHNIC products at this location" OH NO SHE DIDN'T (I am cracking up right now b/c it's over but I was HEATED to say the least). I remained calm b/c to go off at this point would've been the "typical" response her stereotypical behind would've expected and well I couldn't give her that?! (My how hitting 30 matures you). I said what I needed to, again educating her on the product and informing her that it wasn't an ethnic specific product and again this LADY (being nice again) had the nerve to look at me crossed eye and say "Oh it's not an ETHNIC" product?! As if my black behind can't use anything else?! Are you serious?! And she was looking at my hair while she said it!!!! At this point there a couple of names I wanted to call her and even still as I type I am taking a deep breath cause I am still adding some names to that list as I type, but long story short another sales rep comes out, also caucasian...helps me and the fam look for the product, politely says she's unfamiliar herself and can't find it and leads me to the Mane N Tail detangler in which I am also searching for. Well what do you know as we look up at another product a whole mess of Hair One in every variety sitting right above our heads. Since she heard the original convo I suggested that she might want to advise her colleague of where the product is and have her research it to become "better informed". She yelled to the front and said hey we have it here, look it's the one in the pump the display we got a while ago to which that HEIFER (sorry I couldn't help myself and it's the nicest one that come's out..lol) replied, "Well she shoulda said olive oil, that's been here since the beginning of the month, Idk it by that name! (And why did she have the nerve to be using the matter of fact tone..AGAIN...OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!) Needles to say I had to go give her a piece of my mind and inform her of the four diff varieties it comes in so WHY do I need to say Olive Oil when that's not what it's called nor the only type it comes in?Amongst some other things I let loose.... don't worry I represented and told her off Maya Angelou style, my mom was with me and I made her proud ;-). Needless to say Sally's Corporate Headquarters has a detailed complaint headed to them in the mail as we speak. It's a crying shame that in 2009 we are still judged by our skin and our HAIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails