Monday, August 24, 2009

My Henna Gloss

So I decided to revisit the whole henna experience since I am "attempting" a 16 week stretch. I began experimenting with henna earlier this year and I liked (strength) but not loved (dryness) the experience. However I did see some benefits that kept me coming back, (my hair responded better to henna than to regular protein treatments). The issue was I didn't balance my moisture and protein levels and ended up with a protein overload so I had to cut back for a while. Obviously the benefits were good enough to peak my interest enough to revisit it and I did so on Sunday. The results were great. My ng is very soft and ever so manageable. I get this hard "crunchiness" as I like to call after so many weeks post that makes it very difficult dealing with my 4a/b hair. Dont get me wrong my ng is still bushy as idk what but there is no more crunch, the curl pattern is so much looser and the added softness is incredible. I have really perfected my mix and found what works for me. I feel so much more educated and confident in my hair care abilities lately and this henna gloss really proved it. My ng is tamed like never before. This mix really has me optimistic that I can reach the full length of my stretch if I keep getting results like this. My mix wasn't too drying, it kept my hair way more moisturized than my other experiences. I am finally in love.

My henna gloss was comprised of the following *Everything is approximate, I didnt measure, sorry :-(
1/2 box of Hesh Mehandi and Reshma Henna mixed
1/4 box Amla powder
1 can Coconut Milk (warmed on the stovetop)
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Honey
1.5 cup Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom Condish

Remeber - Henna binds with keratin and mimicks protein in strengthening your strands. It is known to be very drying for some so be sure to deep condition your hair after a henna treatment. Also when rinsing out be sure to cowash , shampoo or whatever you choose your hair a million times to make sure it's all out, okay not literally a million but yeah a million.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails