Thursday, August 19, 2010

PR: Kinky-Curly Knot Today

So I've finally found my Holy Grail leave-in/detangler.  That's right, move over Giovanni Weightless Moisture there's a new sheriff in town and her name is Kinky-Curly Knot Today.....My affair began a few months ago...at first it was nothing, curiosity at best, I would see KCKT everywhere I went, as I was searching the forums, hair boards and blogs, I noticed a lot, and I mean a lot, of natural women* were using this KCKT as their detangler and leave-in.  It sparked my interest and on numerous occasions while shopping in Whole Foods it was calling me on the shelf, but I rejected the urge as I had a "couple" of bottles of my Giovanni left......And then there was 1.....Since I am far into a stretch I decided to stock up so that I wouldn't have any last minute disasters as this new growth is kickin!  Now don't get me wrong, I have like 4 stores in a 5 block radius that sell Giovanni but of course this was my excuse to appease the inner pj in me.  So the day b/4 my trip I took the ultimate chance and purchased the KCKT, something I would not normally do esp. while travelling with all this new growth.  Ok, so to balance it out I decided, to wash and curl my hair before I left for my vacay, of course it was an excuse to try out my new leave-in. And so our affair began!  Let's just say I was not disappointed in any area; this stuff smells amazing, feels amazing, works amazingly, good gosh ya'll!  I used this everyday on my vacation, even had the hubby dipping his grubby paws into my stash!  The slip is like no other, now don't get me wrong Giovanni definitely holds its weight, but it's something about KCKT that just takes it up a notch. Is it the fact that it just melts the kinks away in my new growth and makes the comb glide, or b/c a little definitely goes a long way, or maybe b/c if you happen to use a lot, your hair still doesn't feel weighed down, heavy or greasy, or how about the fact that everytime I smell it, it put's me right back on an island with a tropical drink in my hand!  Folks, it's not just one thing, it's ALL of these things that make me say to Giovanni, honey I ain't never coming home!

Funny thing is I was never dissatisfied with Giovanni so I'm not sure why subliminally I was never "complete" with her either.  I had no complaints, even referred her to many a person but the reviews and the Whole Foods shelves were just calling me w/KCKT.  To be honest, I am upset that it took me this long to give in to my inner pjism.  This is a good and a bad thing but I won't go into that now. Bottom line is, run don't walk to the nearsest store (or websites) and order you a bottle of KCKT Natural Leave-In Detangler.  I highly doubt you will be disappointed! (Btw I used it on dry hair once or twice to moisturize and it was very moisturizing as well).  A new staple, esp for stretches.


Ingredients: organic Mango fruit extract, organic slipper elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

*(I watch a lot of products referenced and used by 4a/b naturals.  When these ladies say something "softens" or makes their hair more "manageable" I quickly take heed. I mean during a stretch your new growth IS your natural texture and IS what's actually causing all of the breakage and manageability issues at the line of demarcation so for me it not only makes sense but it IS effective.  However this is a theory and practice that works for ME)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails