Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P Michael Jackson

So I just walked in and I know by now you all have heard Michael Jackson has died. I am awestruck and deeply saddened by the news. I know there have been not so nice reports etc about him the past few years but seriously folks this man has done so much over the years for music: breaking down barriers, crossing color lines, setting records that STILL are not broken from decades ago. MJ proved that "black music" wasn't just R&B or Blues, that we can do Pop and be successful. He's opened the doors for sooooo many artist that its unbelievable. For those people who have nothing good to say and cant show the respect (and there have been a few throughout the day) understand this....if you like, Ne-yo or Usher or Chris Brown, or Beyonce, you like Mike because EVERY last one of them, and countless others, have sampled, his style, his dance or his music. I am proud to have been brought up in a generation where Mike was THE MAN and if you come from that era I know you feel the pain. He will truly be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails